Today I got over one of my several irrational fears (fear of wok) and made a prawn stirfry with oyster & hoisin sauce which was devilishly good, suprisingly. I couldn’t have done it without Samonhey, of course.
It was an eventful day, because of the following
- Lesson # 1. Never chop thai chillies and accidentally, in the near future that follows, rub chlli-clad hands in areas of the face. Affected face starts to feel like what Anakin Skywalker must have experienced when a lightsaber cut through his arm. Poor Anikin. Poor my face.
- The next Earth Friendly ‘Oooooh save the environment, marry trees’ thing pops up, HEAR YE, use broccoli as pom poms. SERIOUSLY. Have you ever seen a full, uncut broccoli? They would make killer-looking pompoms!
- What if there were little Who-like creatures living in these Broccoli? Whilst I was made to annihilate the big broccoli, I had disturbing images of Hometree being torn down in Avatar. Yes, broccoli also looks like Hometree.Ok, this is the already annihilated broccoli. Not the majestic Hometreetypes.
- My mind goes off on too many tangents. Like, really.
- No matter how spicy the food is, if it’s really really good, you will continue to devour it with increasing frenzy so as to get done with the spiciness but end up consuming all the more fire. You end up a crying, happy, leaky bloke.